Google

Feb 11, 2007

Let Me Watch by the Mirror

Let me watch by the mirror
And memorize my face
It may just be the smoke
That will vanish tonight.
There is some sorrow
On every wrinkle
And it weeps like as if
It has lost some fight.
The poison in sweat
It never pretends to die
I am so forced to feel
Ever drop as snakebite.
There is a line on the forehead
A scar on the chin
The depth in the eyes is darker
Than a moonless midnight.
A dead smile on the lips
Is waiting to see
If I’ll loose everything
That I possessed in light.
A rash on the neck
And a pain that won’t die
The poison has severed
Sleep from the night.
As the twilight returns
Eyes open to see
If there is life left
Or was it the last night.
Sun comes at the horizon
Showing the words I must confess
I serve a sentence at the prison
I have built out of delight.
Though my face is still mine
I can’t see if it lives
For it’s end is a mystery
Leaving nothing to decide.
The bitter defeat
Is all that is clear
I loose all hope
As I watch by the mirror tonight.

3 Comments:

Blogger xubayr said...

I was listening to the song 'The Book of My Life' while writing this. The song has influenced it!

Sunday, February 11, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As i looked into the mirror
at the strange person infront of me,
i saw a night locked up in her eyes
and a prisoner waiting to be set free.

There was a quivering flame
inside of her that refused to die,
though seasons came and seasons went
she did not let life pass her by...

(i made up these lines after reading ur poem, borrowed some words from it)

Friday, February 16, 2007  
Blogger Aymen said...

yes i realised that zubair

Sunday, April 29, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

©2006 Zubair