Google

Oct 30, 2006

It Went Down

Yesterday,

My soul took a stroll,
At the silent lakeside.
I had in my pocket a toy,
I always used to hide.

God had given it to me,
Even before I was born.
Now it was all in pieces,
With all it’s sheen gone.

It was very dear to me,
But it had to leave.
That a new day could shine,
And a new name could breath.

It was my own heart,
My dearest pal.
All through it was within me,
Waiting for the final call.

Yesterday,

I sat by the cold lake,
Feeling myself guilty.
With my heart in my hand,
And a breath that was empty.

I stretched my hand,
Above the calm water.
Remembered my Lord,
And made the slaughter.

My broken mate,
Slipped from my hand.
It splashed into the mirror,
And made a circular band.

It started descending into the deep,
I was watching at it.
It was moving away from me,
Narrowing into the pit.

I shouted in silence,
‘Stop my friend.
You are going down,
This can’t be my end.’

It kept descending and darkening,
I kept shouting and sobbing.
I wished I could lift it back,
My heart was drowning.

I shouted again,
But it couldn’t hear.
‘I cry for you honey,
Come back my dear.’

It was going deeper,
Slowly getting out of sight.
It was getting harder to see,
It didn’t care for my plight.

I became speechless,
There was no air to breath.
I gasped for life,
It was going into the deep.

I was cursing my hand,
For letting my friend go.
But it wiped my tears,
And took me home.

Today,

I recollect all that I had,
With my dearest heart.
Though I can’t define,
It is still there though apart.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmm, a broken heart and an empty soul, well described! i was again reminded of one of my poems, thought id share it with a poet :)
Soul Searching
I peeped into my soul tonight
and found a few untouched places,
some id overlooked before
n some id never wanted to see.
I found a few unread stories,
there were tales of forgotten people,
of memories id chosen to forget.
I found a few pieces missing,
I wondered where id lost them,
had i given them away to someone?

I found cracks and holes
unsaid words and an unsung song
I felt its longing to be complete
I felt its need to belong.

Thursday, December 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

©2006 Zubair