Google

Jun 10, 2006

I Despise My Hardness, Strength and Power

I open my eyes every morning, just to see there is light all around me,
The same space filled with darkness just a few hours ago I see.
I sit up to remind myself about my God, and I decide this day won't be like yesterday,
It would be better. Much better. Like a wonderful NEW DAY.
20 hours later I come back to the same place and despise myself,
And say again - tomorrow will be better in every way.
This continues; night after night, and one day I read my old blogs and despise myself again -
I couldn't understand how good I am today. So much has changed. AGAIN!
My purpose of writing has changed. My thinking has changed.
I have defined every feeling I feel. I have destroyed every pain that hurts. I ...
I have dissolved all my past into the new light -
the new light that sees me everyday - ray by ray - dot by dot. I...
I have divided my past with my present.
I have broken it into small pieces and understood every bit of it. I ...
I have chewed my own tongue whenever I wanted to shout. I ...
I have punished myself asking for love. I ...
I have manipulated my dreams so that they don't hurt. I...
I have filled the vaccum with my tears - nothing is empty now. I...
I have understood that crying is not painful,
but finding no shoulder to cry on is. I ... I ...
I understand I am very happy now ... at peace with myself.
Yet I despise myself again -
My heart won't break now ... I am hard.
I will forget that now ... I am strong.
I won't turn back now ... I am powerful.
I despise hardness.
I despise strength.
I despise power.
They make me hate the most beautiful of life.
I hate love. Yet I continue with it ... I love myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

©2006 Zubair