Google

Mar 3, 2006

A Boat Sank in Love

I have been designed to sail on the liquid of life,
I have been made of wood so that I float with less desire of mine.
I budge in the direction given by the breeze,
I move hand in hand with the water waves with no self-strife.

I walk with no legs and speak without a mouth,
I have no eyes to see and no sense of smell.
I have no dreams to cherish and no hunger to quibble about.
But I am a small boat with a story to tell.

The sunrise was as beautiful as the sunset and the moon,
The froth on the coast was fresh with distant flowers maroon.
The breeze propelling me was filled with sweet fragrance of water,
The waves under me soft with a feel of leather.

The depth of the ocean below was as inspiring as the boundless skies above,
The golden image of bright sun on its surface as beautiful as the moonlight’s bow.
The pleasant voice of the waves rubbing and kissing each other,
Made me question if this was real.

I was crashing into love and falling for the ocean,
A lifeless boat brewing in verve and emotion.
Silly was I to ask for the same in return,
I got the answer even before it was my turn.

A single wave rose as high and far as my lifeless heart could see,
And crashing it came with all the crushing force of my love I could feel.
The intensity of my love’s pride was enormous enough,
Behold my heart said – you are going down into the large trough.

My soft wood cracked with a sharp noise,
And love-filled heart broke with no voice.
I was thrown far from where I was,
Over turned with my heart torn across.

I began to sink deep into the depths I still love,
I could now feel the water I should always love.
The suffocation was overpowered by love,
I cried I was being killed by the one I love.

Now I lie with sand and dust on me on the ocean bed,
Surrounded by the cold waters for whom my tear was shed.
I wonder if my love was of any worth,
Now I am dead – a sunken boat.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The way their tears
make you want to
change the world
so that it
doesn't hurt her anymore.....
Yet regardless
if you love them,
hate them,
wish they would die
or
know that you would die
without them ...
it matters not.
Because once in your life,
whatever they were to the world
they become everything to you.
When you look them in the eyes,
travelling to
the depths of their souls
and
you say a million things
without trace of a sound,
you know that your own life
is inevitable consumed
within the rhythmic beatings
of her very heart.
We love them for a million reasons,
No paper would do it justice.
It is a thing not of the mind
but of the heart.
A feeling.
Only felt...........this thing was sent to me by my cousin(ayeshiii)....isnt it kooll i guess it is...lolz

Sunday, March 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

©2006 Zubair