Google

Apr 6, 2006

Time Takes a Lot of Time

It was a day splendid with the breeze smelling the end of winter,
A party was called celebrating the start of a new run.
All faces eager to know what’s in stock,
The music of bass beating loud, enigma frolic and fun.
The spirits were high and roses red and yellow,
The purpose sublime, casual acceptances of flowers.

For all of them it was just a time that passes by,
But what a pause in brought to me a grinding halt.
Salt tasted bitter and sweet as salt,
It was all my fault.

Across the disc I saw a glowing spirit,
There it stood eluding pride and false exuberance.
The innocence of a dew drop on a blushing lily petal,
It was all I could ever have thought of fighting my mettle.
It was a short fight I had with my ego,
Took a few ticks of clock to fix on.
I tried to keep my eyes to myself; I didn’t wish to lose my discipline,
But it was just a smile I saw and decided never to move on.

Crap! I said what is this going on?
I don’t want to enter this street; I can’t die down.
I was myself all I wanted to be but the desire changed instantly,
I wanted to know what could I be. To be there with her around.

I fought and took steps with ignorance and trembling hands,
Every single inch forward gave a new ache.
I cried for mercy which would never come,
Trying to gain land I earned names I didn’t like.
I sought for a chance to explain the loss it could help stopping,
I was given a knowledge I am like the just another guy.
I understood a bit late the depth in love is but infinite,
When I shout falling no one can hear.

13 months then are over and the grinding halt,
A new start I seek, a blessing I call.
I need time, a pause in time; not the one I had before,
I want a break somewhere in the middle of the road.

This is never as easy as it seems,
Time never waits but it makes me wait.
I wait for an end to a deceptive dream,
That took away the life’s gleam.
I wait for that to return to replenish my lost soul,
I try to enjoy and show myself a new hope.
Its still there down somewhere,
Burning like the earth’s core.

But I stand in the glory of my heart and my soul,
I will fight with the sword of my will and hope.
This talk is not shit and the previous dream too never was,
If I am misunderstood again it’s your ego and it’s without a cause.

I may be nascent but wounds will never heal,
I wanted to be scratch-less but now deep scars I feel.
Faster than time I want to forge ahead,
But who will understand, I need love, smile and time all said.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

©2006 Zubair