Google

Jul 27, 2006

Fire

/*****As I sit by the fire

Wondering what burns to give light

I am narrowed with only one thought

It is my heart than has been put like a spire

It has been fueled by tears

And it rises up to the sky

My soul rests beneath its weight

The bitter defeat is parallel to the fears

The weight of the heap is from the words

Of the poems and songs I have written in loneliness

The defeat was just a perception

And the fear is of undefined roads

The sword works like a feather sometimes

Sometimes it cuts the spire and rises above

It resembles the flame of the blue fire

I sink into the pyramid when I hear the chimes

The bells are sounded by the rain

The gifts of nature not withstanding

The clouds are lucky that they can break open

I swallow all the fire and smile b‘cos it’s just in vain.*****/

1 Comments:

Blogger xubayr said...

I wrote it in half consciousness but posted it in full!

Thursday, July 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

©2006 Zubair