Google

Jul 5, 2006

Compromise Razed


Like a question mark after an answer to the question of sorrow,

I hold my tears back with no reasons of being calm.

The question was answered yet the definition did some harm.


The heavy clouds in my eyes strained to break into showers,

The empty space above them held the rain back with a foreign force.

The reason of the unwarranted magnetism to the blankness was coarse.


I felt something is going to change but everything around me looked the same,

I breathed a heavy sigh blaming the voice of my heart as unforgivable.

The explanation for exhaustion without exercise was unimaginable.


As I sat on the cold floor feeling my hands on its freezing smoothness,

I felt someone touching my bare heart with a razor sharp blade.

I got so many answers but I wished I did not understand them so late.


While lying on my soft bed I saw dreams that would never be fulfilled,

These dreams were seen with open eyes and yet they were involuntary.

The rudiment of this dream was my own emotion thrown in a blank trajectory.


The shape of my enriched midday meal was that of wax falling from a burning candle,

The candle was my heart and the wax the final tears.

The light of this candle enlightened my day and gave me undeserved cheers.


I didn’t give up the fight and kept going into the tunnel of that foreign force,

Reality of the force is frequently faked and emotions compromised but I raze them.

My passion for the sublimity in thoughts is assisted by my reasons and is seldom forgiven.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

©2006 Zubair